Thursday, August 19, 2010

Samsung Galaxy versus Apple iPhone 4

image

I believe currently the Samsung Galaxy is the only real competitor of the new iPhone.As I am interested in both of them I want to visualize both machines and see which one is better.

image

As you can see, on the size level the iPhone looks like a winner, however we also need to keep in mind the that the size of the Galaxy is 4 inch where as the iPhone as 3.5 inch. Personally I find the screen size in combination with the weight more important and here the galaxy excels. As you can see below the ratio of the screen versus the weight is much much better on the Galaxy. Which means actually, you carry less weight and get a bigger screen.

image

If you want the see the ratio of the screen regarding to the dimension (in this case the volume) we get the following chart.

imageThe volume of the iPhone is less, but again if we put this in respect with the screen size, Galaxy wins.

Let’s have a look at the battery now.

 image If you focus on the talk time, the iPhone wins but the Galaxy is not far behind. I am not much a talker, so the standby is more interesting for me and here the Galaxy wins without a doubt (which makes sense because of the higher mAh value).

The last comparison which is interesting for me is the support for media files. I think the chart below says enough.

image 

The Galaxy plays almost anything (mp3, xvid, etc) while the iPhone is restricted to it’s own format (except the mp3). Another big disadvantage is iTunes on the iPhone. I just want to drag and drop my media files.

Finally lets have a look at some comparison screenshots:

Video Player

image

 Camera

image

image

Browser

image

As you might have guessed, I will go for the Samsung myself, but at the end it is a personal preference. My final suggestion is to go to a shop and physically hold both machines, look at their screens and play with them. All the specs and charts have no real meaning, as a wise colleague of mine always says: Figures lie and Liars figure.

Source for the chart data: gsmarena.

No comments: