Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Multiple rundll32.exe instances

 

Recently I have been encountering multiple run32dll.exe instances in my taskmanager (windows 7). Of course I was alarmed and googling indicated a probable virus. I was almost sure that this was not the case on my machine, but better safe then sorry. Scans resulted nothing, which was as I expected.

It was time now to actually investigate what triggered the rundll32.exe. With process explorer I found out it was Chrome…. Aahaa… now I had more context for googling. It turns out that the current Chrome Canary version 9.0.583.0 (Official Build 66097) had this issue.

It seems it has already been fixed in the latest development build, see http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=64006

So if you are using Chrome Canary build and see a lot of rundll32.exe, then you know Smile

No comments: