Thursday, June 24, 2010

Firefox 3.6.4

Yesterday I have updated to the latest version of Firefox, version 3.6.4 and actually I am amazed. I have been using Chrome for a while because of it's speed compared to Firefox. I must say that the latest version of Firefox now starts up almost as quickly as Chrome and the respond time is also superb, especially if you compare how many add-ons I have installed.

I looked at the memory usage and this has also become better, actually even with the large amount of add-ons Firefox uses around the same amoung of memory (on a fresh start) as Chrome.


I did have a same issue with our network/proxy. I know our company proxy needs authentication and I have always been struggling to get non microsoft applications to work. It loaded some pages and some it just would not load... crazy... after investigation of http traffic I got denied errors. The fix was easy:

Navigate to
about:config ->
network.automatic-ntlm-auth.allow-proxies -> true
network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies -> false


Details at mozillazine.org

Great job for the Mozilla team!

No comments: